Friday, September 3, 2010

5 for Friday. Double Your Pleasure

We are back and better than ever. This weeks 5 for Friday is going to be a little different. Since I didn't post one last week we are going to do a double dose of it. That's right you get two for the price of.... oh wait, it's free! So hold to your mouse as we get going.


5 reasons I didn't post in a week

1. I was very busy the past week, with school and I was out of town.

2. There was no computer where I was at when I was out of town (the in-laws computer took a crap)

3. The wife was always on the computer hogging it.

4. I have been playing with Maggie in my free time after she was hogged by other family all weekend( I kid i kid). Did I mention she is standing!

5.I've been studying as much as I can. I think I need a new brain, this one is full.


5 of my favorite books everyone should read, in no particular order.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird. 'Nuff said.

2. Angela's Ashes. Great story told by a great story teller.

3. A Monk Swimming. Malachy McCourt, yep Frank's Brother. He makes me wanna open a bar.

4. Kitchen Confidential. Anthony Bourdain. Another great story teller. I relate because I worked a lot in food service and I witnessed much of the same stuff. I'm also a foodie and love to cook.

5. War. Sebastian Junger. I recently read this. He does a great job of really telling you what is going on over in Afghanistan and the struggles our troops go through on a daily basis.



Angela's AshesImage via Wikipedia

Anthony Bourdain's Image by wynlok via Flickr

Cover of Cover of A Monk Swimming
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment