Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

I thought I would share some of my thoughts on don't ask, don't tell. I started this last week and for some reason  it did not save. So here we go again.

I for one, am glad that don't ask, don't tell was repealed. After all, there are plenty of gay, lesbian, and trans-gender people would be more than willing to volunteer to join the US Military. I think it is sad it has taken this long to repeal this ungrateful law. I see no reason why a homosexual can not serve in the military. After all they are human beings. So they are attracted to the same sex. So what? There are homosexuals severing right now, they are just not "out." They are doing the job just as well as a heterosexual.

Just think of it this way. What if it was your child trying to serve and he/she is homosexual? You would probably want them to be happy, correct? If any of my children were to be homosexual, do you think I would not want them around? Of course I would want them around, and I would treat them no differently than any other child.

I guess what people realize is that homosexuality has been around since man itself. It is just more widely accepted by the masses in today's age. I saw one of Italy's most prized pieces of art, David. Did you know that he was a homosexual? Bet ya didn't. But if you ever get a chance to see David, see it. I felt like I could sit down and gaze at it all day.

So really, what is wrong with homosexuals serving? I will tell you, NOTHING!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know much about the actual law and I agree that there is nothing wrong with homosexuals serving our country. With that said I have some other thoughts in the way I see the purpose of the law.

    Personally, I see it as a Safty "feature (for a lack of a better term)" to those who are gay and serving. Sadly, there are many people who will and have caused physical and even deadly harm to homosexuals on the simple fact that they are different from them.

    If someone comes out and says they are gay, what kind of risk are they putting themselves into? Is it worth that type of risk in that type of environment?

    Ultimatly it should be up to the person on whether they want to tell or not. I feel the law was in place to help protect more than to disrespect or belittle homosexuals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Im sorry KD, but that just isn't true. You never should ask someone to lie about or hide who they are because someone else might hurt them. It's the issue of those being violent, not us being ourselves. I refuse to hide and no person in this world should ever have to. Thanks for this post and the support! Glad someone gets us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I am glad as well to see this posted by a dad! The treatment of LGBTQ people in our country is shameful and quite honestly makes me ashamed. I have many friends who have suffered violence, ridicule and bullying just for loving someone of the same sex. It needs to stop and it's great to see dads willing to take a stand.

    ReplyDelete