Thursday, July 22, 2010

What the #%&*!

SwearImage via Wikipedia

Yes I Swear. Just about everyone does. I don't mind it in certain situations. There is a time and a place for it. In public-bad, at the bar with your friends, sure why not. Recently I have been catching my self before I drop an F bomb in front Maggie. Sometimes I let it slip. Luckily she is not old enough to really understand it. I've been saying sorry to her every time I let one slip, kinda funny in a way. I really don't want Maggie swearing in the house or her mother or I. I find it disrespectful. I know she will learn it on the playground and from her friends like we all did. I never swore around my parents and I still don't (yes I let one slip there too, like when the tree branch hit my car. I was on the phone with my mother at the time). I remember one time I was riding in the car with my dad his friend, and his friends kids. For some odd reason (probably because I was a kid and thought it was funny) I decided to whisper the F word to one of the other kids. I have no idea how my dad heard me, but he did. I don't remember the name of the soap (nor do I want to), but I remember it tasted like something I never want to taste it again. I think I had to have in my mouth for five minutes but I could be wrong. Simply horrible. Maybe that's why I never Swore around my parents even though they swore like sailors.

Well Maggie sure does love those self feeder teething things. As soon as she saw it her whole face lit up. We got her a Beatles onesie yesterday. I like it. I wanted to get the AC/DC one but it was more for boys. I don't need anyone else thinking she is a girl. I purposely put her in "girly" cloths so you know she is a girl. That doesn't always work. I have had a few people think she is a boy even though I dressed her in all pink! I'm just gonna tell them in the future I am raising a gay boy (not that there is anything wrong with that), rather than try and explain they don't sell pink boys clothes.

I also put new batteries in her little ABC cell phone toy. She is learning to hit all the buttons to make sounds. It was the one toy I really wanted to get her because it teaches ABCs and numbers. I really don't mind all the noise it makes. Maybe someday I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment