Saturday, July 10, 2010

Popping my blog cherry.

Hello out there in the world wide web. I decided to start this blog to have some fun and to have something to do while I'm on the computer when the baby is sleeping. So here I go...

First off raising kids is the hardest job in world bar none. It is also the most rewarding. There is nothing like making your child laugh or seeing them smile. I have been very lucky so for because I do have a very easy and well behaved 6 month old baby girl named Maggie.

Some would call us granola but I think we just want what we want. We use cloth diapers. You may frown on this but really its not that bad, I actually suggested this to my wife when she was pregnant and at first she was against them, now she is more into than I am. We have been really happy with them so far and glad we picked them due to Maggie inheriting my sensitive skin. We do keep some disposables around, and after wearing just one she starts to get a diaper rash. She has never gotten one from the cloth diapers. Do you know how many chemicals are in those F'n things? Maggie also knows when she is wet with the cloth diapers and she will let you know it. The poop is a whole other story. But really it's not that bad.

Well today was a great Saturday in the RV. Couldn't drive anywhere, not that we needed to, due to Burger Fest going on. You leave and you will never get a parking spot remotely close to your house. So we just walked everywhere. We went to the post office so I can mail some of my Ebay sales. Then we went to the park and put Maggie on the swing for a while. She loves to swing, she will kick her legs and do like an excited laugh. Pretty uneventful unlike yesterday when I was walking to the library I was crossing the street at a stop sign and a car kept on coming so I hesitated and he ends up blowing the stop sign and coming within a foot of us while he was gassing it. I yell at the guy and as he drove by he didn't even turn his head. I'm glad my wife wasn't with us or I probably would chased the douchebag down down and slammed his head in the door a few time, then wiped it all up with baby wipes.

Maggie didn't nap to well today but she went to bed pretty easy tonight. She has been sleeping through the night since she was a month old. We have been very lucky so far. She usually doesn't get up until 8 or 9 am, once again lucky.

I'm tired and I don't want to keep rambling so more later.

D

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are lucky to have such an easy baby. I look forward to hearing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog through the top baby blogs site, and find it eerily similar to our life: stay at home dad (or SAHD because it's less to type), daugther, dad in school and mom working. I'm looking forward to reading...and trying to convince my husband to get on the blogging bandwagon. :)

    ReplyDelete