Sunday, May 15, 2011

Who'll Stop the Rain?

For the last two days it has been in the 40's and rainy. Just when we thought spring finally arrived, BAM, Mother Nature reminds you that she's makes the calls. I had the AC on earlier in the week and now we have the heat on. Ah, life in the Midwest, heat one day, cold and rainy the next.

We didn't even leave the house today. Mainly because Maggie has been sick, but also because it is nasty out. I still have a brisket in the freezer that needs smoking, along with some hot links and my not so famous BBQ beans (my own recipe). I did some burgers and a whole pineapple on the grill earlier in the week and damn it was delicious.

School is out for the summer. I survived! I'm only taking one class over the summer. It's online, and easy, so it is just a class to keep me busy and sharp. I did pretty well this semester and I want to keep up the good work.

We have a busy week ahead of us. We have a few meetings to go to this week (I'll tell you about it at a later date, don't want to jinx it). Hopefully by the end of the week we will have some good news. Saturday is especially busy, our church is having its annually baby/kid garage sale. The wife has a meeting at work. If I can I go there is a demonstration I would like to go to on that day and we have a kick ass BBQ to celebrate a good friend of our's birthday. Wish us luck this week.

Maggie is rooting for the Bulls. (She has a red bow in her hair too)
D Rose Jersey courtesy of Uncle Phil. 

1 comment:

  1. HI DEVON ITS SIDNEY!!!!! AND I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! MAGGIE IS SO CUTE!! GO bulls!!! MVP! MVP! MVP! maggie is the perfect motivator :D tell maggie I said HAI :D and i MISS HER

    ReplyDelete