Friday, June 10, 2011

Five for Friday: Five of the coolest things I have seen while on the road.

I love to travel. I have been to over half of the states and several countries. I grew up going several places every year. I hope that my children love to travel as much as I do and can't wait to take them places like Colorado to go skiing. I would really like to take them to some of the places I got to go when I was growing up, like Disney World and the World's Fair in Knoxville. I usually flew everywhere when I was younger, now I mostly drive. I was blessed with flight benefits while growing up.

Now I take a lot of road trips. I love taking road trips, they can be very exciting. I have several thousand mile under my belt. I have seen a lot of interesting things on my road trips. Here is five of the coolest things while on the road.

1. Exploded cow. A good friend of mine and myself where driving to Lubbock Texas from Ft. Worth to drop of my friend's extra credit paper at Texas Tech so he can pass a class. We left at about 3am and after we stopped to refuel with some great road treats such as beef jerky and when where getting back on the Interstate there was what looked like an exploded cow all over the entrance ramp in the middle of Texas. Ever see Three Kings? Yeah it was like that. Messy.

2. Blizzard. I on the way to Colorado for a ski trip and we got caught in a blizzard. We ended up sleeping in the car because they closed the Interstate.

3. Rivers. When I left Texas for Chicago, I crossed the Red River and the Mississippi River. Both are cool, the might Mississippi takes the cake. That is a sight to see.

4. Corvette Museum. On my way back from a short nine month stint in Miami, I stopped at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY. We had planned to stop, but we didn't plan on staying so long. We were there for hours. Much longer than we planned. It is that cool. Where else can you see a 1963 Stingray with a split window?

5. The back of a U-Haul Truck. I once was part of a trip from DFW to Boston, with no stops. There was four of us and myself and the now godfather of Maggie spent most of the trip sleeping in the back of the truck. What a trip. I got off work at 11:30pm and hopped in the back of the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment