Friday, February 24, 2012

Five for Friday: Five Things That My Mother Sent Me This Week

Well I just got spaghettios spilled on me after Maggie decided to share her dinner with me.

My mom sent me some of my old stuff that was in her attic this week. Here are five things that were in that box. Here we go:

1. My old Brio wooden train set. Probably one of my favorite toys growing up. I spent hours building different tracks. It brought back a lot of memories. I once let a girl play with it and I got mad because she didn't all wrong. Tracks going no where. Chaos all over the track. I still stand by my statement.

2. Photos of Nolan Ryan pitching that I took at a game. I wanted to go to every game he pitched. I broke many boards off our fence growing up. I am still trying to get his autograph.. It is hard to tell what team they where playing, but it appears to be the Indians. Looks like I took some pictures of Ruben Sierra too. Why, I don't know. I was never a fan of his and we used to yell at him when we sat in right field. Side note-I once saw Pudge Rodriguez at the local Wal-Mart at 2am (not a whole lot to do in DFW at that time). At first I thought it was my neighbor that lived behind us, Carlos. Man that would have been embarrassing. 

3. Some of my old Star Wars books. Glad I got them too, because I almost bought them on ebay.

4. Battery Charger. Sure this thing really has no use today and it is probably twenty years old. I charged batteries for my remote controlled car and Laser Tag on this thing.

5. A picture of my first truck. I hated that piece. Has some good times in it though. Took it off roading many time. Always scaring the crap out of my friends while I was laughing. I once made it look like a Hot Wheels car when you dropped it on the ground (thanks for that one Pete). I hit my head on the ceiling on that one. I had some more successful jumps though. Did I mention it only had an AM radio in it when I bought it. No worries, I had that thing sounded great with a new stereo and speakers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower.. I found you through Top Baby Blogs.. I'm excited to read a stay at home dad's blog!

    ReplyDelete