Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Let It Snow!

We spent Christmas at my wife's parents house downstate in Highland IL. We had a great time while we were there. Best part was we really didn't do anything. For two days we just sat around the house and watched Maggie play with all of her new toys. The drive down was a whole other story.

We decided to leave on Christmas Eve after my wife got off work at 7:30pm. So I loaded up the car by myself (nothing new there), and headed to pick her up at the hospital. Did I mention it was snowing? Snowing the whole way down to Highland. As we left Chicago to roads were not that bad. When we got further away the roads got much worse. My average speed was 40mph. I didn't go above 50mph until we almost got there on the country roads because the roads were clear. I almost called off the drive early on, but the roads would get bad then better a few mins later. The drive took forever, and I drove the whole way (once again nothing new) because the wife was very tired and she hates driving in the snow. We finally arrived at 2am. I was tired but not as bad as the day before when I drove to the south side of Chicago, a distance of 14mi. and it took over an hour to get there in traffic.



We got up the next morning and had some breakfast and opened presents. I got the wife a necklace with Maggie's birthstone in it. I got some books and clothes. Maggie got me a Cookie Monster t-shirt. I smoked a few Christmas cigars out in the smoking lounge, aka the garage and yes it was cold. Those cigars kept me nice and warm.

The first pic is on Christmas. I got her as she was clapping. The second is the next night. Every time I pointed the camera at Maggie she did this. The last one I got yesterday. Took me a while, but I got one with her eating her toes.

1 comment: