Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Teeth are Finally Here and Other Tidbits


Maggie's teeth are finally coming in. I had her on the swing the other day and I happened to catch a glimpse while she was smiling. I checked in her mouth and there they were. Two bottom teeth right in the front. I'm so glad, because she really doesn't like to eat pureed food anymore. She likes to feed herself, so we give her small bits of food.

Maggie went to the doctor today. She has been waking up at 4am the past two nights coughing. Turns out she had both ears infected. I always hated ear infections when I was young. I remember I was in fifth grade when I got my last ear infection. He gave her the pink stuff. She is already feeling better today. Unfortunately I am not. I think I am getting what she has. I hope not, we are supposed to go out for the wife's birthday on Saturday.

I lowered Maggie's crib all the way down last weekend. Felt a little too soon, but she is pulling herself up from a sitting position already. After hearing the wife's grandmother tell me about the time her first daughter climbed out of the crib and fell to the floor in the middle of the night. I'm glad I got it out of the way.




We are already making plans for Maggie's first birthday next month. I think I may be more excited than the wife. I'm gonna make Maggie her own cake to eat herself. It took me a while of arguing with the wife to get it. I had one and everyone else thought it was cute. So I we agreed on a little four inch cake. It's gonna be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. When my son Jack got his first tooth at 10 months, it was the proudest day ever for me! It was such a milestone. He recently lost his first tooth (last week) and it's hard to believe he was once as small as your Maggie. Awwwwwww! Now he's almost 6! I wonder if Maggie will ever climb out of the crib? Jack never ever climbed out. He slept in it until he was 3 and a half. We finally got him a full-size regular bed and said that's it! He would have stayed in that crib until he was old enough to be embarrassed by having friends over. haha. Good luck with this next phase of life with a one-year old!

    ReplyDelete