Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Blog, Therefore I Am

Wifey and the baby is asleep, so I decided to blog a little. I know I haven't had much time recently, but I am enjoying a nice beverage in a quiet house, so I feel like typing a bit.

Well in the past week it appears Maggie's feet have grown quite a bit. I put her sneakers on her and they don't fit any more. My wife was worried she would have my feet, she thinks they are small (I wear a 10.5, not that small). Now she thinks she will have her feet.

Maggie looks more like my wife every day. When she was first born she looked a lot like me, now not so much. Except for those kick ass blue eyes, those came from me. Her hair is getting so long now. I look at pictures from when she was younger and I thought she had so much hair then!

The last week has been rough around our house. Maggie was sick last week with a double ear infection. Then I was sick all last weekend. I was supposed to go out last Saturday night for the wife's 30th birthday. I was unable to go due to how sick I was and I couldn't get out of bed. I slept 20 out of 24 hours on Saturday. Sunday I was pretty much back to normal. Then on Monday the wife got sick. Luckily we are all back to normal.



Maggie loves to stand up now. She can't do it on her own yet, but she will almost fight us to help her stand up and walk with her. I walk with her quite a bit all day long. I like to put her in the pack and play so she can hang on to the sides and walk around (the wife told me this is call cruising, learn something new everyday). I like to leave her in there so she can hold herself up and learn to walk. This is an argument my wife and I have often. I like to make sure Maggie is safe, my wife has let her fall a few times. Maggie was fine but I don't like her falling on our hardwood floors. I know she will fall, but I would like for it to be as soft as possible. I think it is just being a father of a girl, but I don't like to see her hurt like that. Wife thinks I stick her in there just to ignore her, but I do it mainly to keep her safe while I work. She is 6 ft behind me and I constantly turn around at every sound. Plus we have our little games we play such as the screaming game. Maggie will scream, then I will scream. The whole time shes laughing. Gotta love it.

I have learned a lot as a father so far. I know I will lean so much more. I wouldn't give up being a father for anything. There is nothing like seeing your child smile. On the worst of days, when I see that it changes everything around. I can't wait to hear her say "I love you daddy." Yeah I'll say it, it will melt my heart every time.



This is the latest pic of my princess. I looked on my phone and I have over 500 pics. So much more to come!

2 comments:

  1. She is a cutie! I love to see Daddies blogging about their babies. My son would never stay in the pack n play or even a walker or jumper for that matter..as soon as I was out of site he was crying. VERY ATTACHED CHILD! Glad he's growing out of some of those things now, but still miss his baby baby days. He's 20 months old and now repeating things we say! Weird to hear his voice and hear words come out instead of just babbles.

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got big a smile on my face looking at these pictures. Our little girl is almost 28 months old now, so walking and (like Heather's) putting words together into frighteningly coherent sentences... well, and pronouncements and orders. Working on please and thank you. I happened to have a camera (with video capability) when she took about five steps at my mom's house for the first time. A very cool and lucky video capture. You all have a wonderful Thanksgiving... and enjoy every moment. I know everyone tells you, but it goes fast... really fast.

    ReplyDelete